Re: UFE 1.6 Official Release Notes

Hello. I am not here to rush but just wanted to know more about the Networking feature. When would this be available( days, weeks, months...) and what all is set up with that( will this be for PC online access and what creators have to do once the feature is implemented. Will we have to reset up anything)? Thank you

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

We should have some major news related to networking in a few weeks.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

just waiting for networking feature then I start my project. Please keep up awesome work @YumChaGames

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Hello is there any news pertaining to the network feature?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Im wondering when this feature is going to be implemented. For characters to be able to have different outfits/prefabs or colors/materials when selecting, Like in KI or SF4

YumChaGames wrote:

We should have some major news related to networking in a few weeks.

it has been a over a month. Can't wait for the news!!!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://i.imgur.com/cL9tEtf.jpg

immortalfray wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/cL9tEtf.jpg

Is there anything we can see concerning the process of the Networking? Like some techdemo videos or a roadmap of completion, etc?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Twrmois wrote:

Is there anything we can see concerning the process of the Networking? Like some techdemo videos or a roadmap of completion, etc?

Sorry about the delay on this. Yes, we do have a roadmap, but its internal. I'm hoping to release a public version, but I still need to check on a few things.

...But here is a little something just to get you guys hyped smile

We will first release UFE 1.7 that, among several needed additions to the engine (like wall bounce, multiple gauge options and air recovery) will come with an early beta of the netcode and P2P network (direct IP connection).
After the release we will begin working on UFE 2.0, a completed revised version of UFE 1.x. This version will include several new features such as brand new interface, Server Side Network, GGPO-based netcode and support for several new game types (such as 3D Arena, 2D and Beat 'em up).

More news and details very soon.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Mistermind wrote:
Twrmois wrote:

Sorry about the delay on this. Yes, we will soon release the roadmap with all the plans up to early 2016. I'm hoping to release a public version in the next couple of weeks.

We will first release UFE 1.7 that, among several needed additions to the engine (like wall bounce, multiple gauge options and air recovery) will come with an early beta of the netcode and P2P network (direct IP connection).
After the release we will begin working on UFE 2.0, a completed revised version of UFE 1.x. This version will include several new features such as brand new interface, Server Side Network, GGPO-based netcode and support for several new game types (such as 3D Arena, 2D and Beat 'em up).

Is the 3D Arena like Tekken/Soul Calibur, or is it like Power Stone?

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

hendrixlt wrote:

Is the 3D Arena like Tekken/Soul Calibur, or is it like Power Stone?

Initially Tekken/SC, but given the new options, something like Power Stone is also highly possible. It all depends on the game templates we'll be setting, and there will be lots of them wink

it's gonna be awesome!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

I have a question about 1.7, not sure if I'm asking too early or too late.

When 1.5 was out, there was some source only mods that got included in all versions of 1.6, such as playing a sound on character select/menu select.

Will 1.7 have some new mods as well built into all versions from 1.6? Such as the 3D character select mod, X-WeaponTrail mod or the Score mod?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Probably not those particular mods.  But some others may be incorporated.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

the Score Counter mod with a ranking board for it would be a pretty cool to see incorporated

please add a dead or alive template for 3d

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Do we have an update for Networking? Awaiting this last update to release a game.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

svwillia wrote:

Do we have an update for Networking? Awaiting this last update to release a game.

The networking is suppose to be in 1.7, i'm on the same boat as you, but I won't be "releasing" my game as completed, only as beta once the networking update is released and I add it to my game.

This will allow my friends to play my game against each other without walking to each others houses and allows me to make gameplay videos on it more often since I can ask one of my friends to play and we can play via Direct IP (seems to be what comes first before Server side networking, I can live with that until then.)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

any eta one the next update tho

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Is there any estimated release date for UFE 1.7?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

No ETA yet. Unity has recently released huge updates to the animation system (5.2) and I need to spend a few weeks reviewing these before proceeding. I'll keep you guys updated.

47 (edited by ilike2fight4fun 2015-09-13 09:50:38)

Mistermind wrote:

Sorry about the delay on this. Yes, we will soon release the roadmap with all the plans up to early 2016. I'm hoping to release a public version in the next couple of weeks.

Mistermind wrote:

No ETA yet. Unity has recently released huge updates to the animation system (5.2) and I need to spend a few weeks reviewing these before proceeding. I'll keep you guys updated.

Oh I am hyped, in a BIG WAY, been away doing different things and come back to find this post big_smile

This is going to be AWESOME, cannot wait!!!

Bring on 1.7, 2016 and 2.0!

Very keen to test if you need some help, we'd like to get familiar ASAP to allow for the games we are developing to take full advantage of the new feature set. Which is also why I posted this suggestion: Github for paid source users - Similar to how Unreal Engine 4 is done

Shut Up And Take My Money! ....I already have UFE Source smile....I guess I'll have to upgrade to Bundle now wink

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/264/241/9e9.gif

Thanks.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ilike2fight4fun wrote:

Hi,

Mistermind wrote:

What can I subscribe to, to ensure that I don't miss out when Mistermind releases the roadmap?

Thanks.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ilike2fight4fun wrote:
ilike2fight4fun wrote:

Hi,

Mistermind wrote:

What can I subscribe to, to ensure that I don't miss out when Mistermind releases the roadmap?

Thanks.

In most cases that would be...this thread itself.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Since UFE is not supported in 5.2 do we have an ETA on the networking updates?

Thumbs up Thumbs down