Topic: Question of about guard animations

Iv grabbed your source off the store. Its pretty fantastic.

I plan on using mecanim for my application. How would one go about creating a guard animation for each instance? Iv never used the animation system. I know my rigs work with mecanim but Im not sure how to walk about the animations

Heres 1 specific question I. Do I need to make a air guard, crouch guard, standing guard animation. Or is it possible to mix the animation via mecanim, so I only need to make one guard animation. I keep seeing infomation on blend animations, but no one ever explains it properly.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Question of about guard animations

You need to have at least an animation of your character blocking while crouching and blocking while standing. The air blocking is optional (only if your game allows air blocking). Currently there is no way to blend 2 animations together using UFE (aka, mecanim layers), mainly because currently Mecanim is not very open source programming wise. I've been working around a few tricks with the Mecanim system, but to have that feature we will have to wait for Unity 5 and hope they give us a few extra tools.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.