Topic: Move file changes not saving

I had a move I decided not to use. So, I removed it from the Character files Attack & Special Moves and deleted the move file.

It was a chain move in other attacks and moves so I went in and removed the linked move but for some reason it doesn't save that I removed the move. If I close Unity and reopen it there's the empty move sitting there that I just removed.

The annoying part is if there left there the game locks up from the error it causes. I've never had this issue before.. the move file and meta file and read write.. So, I'm not sure what can be causing this.. I've removed moves and chain move links before without any issue.

Anyone know?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Move file changes not saving

I had the same problem some days ago. I did this to "solve" the problem:

Fill the empty linked moves with any move, save the project and close unity.

Open your project again and remove those linked moves.

Hope that helps.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Manually go into your move files and remove the links where it says "None (Movefile)" or something similar. Then go to File, then click "Save Scene".

A good solution is whenever you're making move edits, especially anything involving removing them or handling links, be sure to click File in the Unity window, then click "Save Scene", it takes about 2 seconds but it always saves your UFE changes made in moves, global editor, and character editor. Be sure to do this before building a project also, otherwise you might build a standalone file with your changes, then go back into the editor later to see that your changes have been "reverted"

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was hitting save project and save scene but it was still doing it. I think I've fixed it by deleting the meta files then re-launching Unity.

Thumbs up Thumbs down