Topic: Mecanim Pose Bug

Hey guys,

For those of you using Mecanim Humanoid Rigs, have any of you encountered an issue where the character on the player  2 will have their idle animation mirrored at the start of a round and then flips back to normal?

Is there a way to fix that?

Re: Mecanim Pose Bug

I'd be interested in this as well. I've seen similar moments, typically in regard to using the "Mirror" options in the animation area of a move. It will flip back and forth for a frame at the end of the animation. I've gotten around it by.... making a separate mirrored animation file sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MrPonton wrote:

I'd be interested in this as well. I've seen similar moments, typically in regard to using the "Mirror" options in the animation area of a move. It will flip back and forth for a frame at the end of the animation. I've gotten around it by.... making a separate mirrored animation file sad

I am not using a mirrored set... it is like Tekken. What happens is, when the game starts (this wasn't happening when I was using a generic rig) the character on Player 2 will stay stuck in his idle pose but reversed until one of the rest poses plays... I don't want to have to deal with that for every character in game especially if I am going to be sharing animation...

Could you make a screenshot of the import-settings of your animation-file (idle)?

5 (edited by chrisb3d 2016-11-12 11:51:46)

I've run into the same problem with mecanim characters and I haven't been able to fix it with . With P2 the idle animation is mirrored when the game first starts but when the character first moves or gets hit the animation flips and then everything works correctly.. It just seems to be at the start of the round. So, I've been trying to ignore it.

I used legacy on my other characters and they don't have this problem. With the previous version of UFE I never encountered this issue. So, I don't know if there's some new option some place but I don't see anything new in Character Rotation Options.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

6 (edited by christougher 2016-11-12 14:16:38)

Ditto, I've noticed that p2 starts with his back to the camera before the intro animation

Thumbs up Thumbs down

And my idle animations are made for a player facing to the right. I unfortunately don't use legacy because mecanim allows me to easily retarget my animation faster. And a generic rig unfortunately doesn't retarget

8 (edited by chrisb3d 2016-11-14 10:47:13)

I don't know which animation package you use but if you can get your hands on MotionBuilder you can re-target your animations fairly easily in there. I know other animation packages can do it too but Mobu was designed around it.

I got tired of mecanim messing up my animations so I switched to legacy and I handle my re-targeting in Mobu.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

9 (edited by KRGraphics 2016-11-14 13:11:49)

chrisb3d wrote:

I don't know which animation package you use but if you can get your hands on MotionBuilder you can re-target your animations fairly easily in there. I know other animation packages can do it too but Mobu was designed around it.

I got tired of mecanim messing up my animations so I switched to legacy and I handle my re-targeting in Mobu.

Motionbuilder is way out my price range, and I don't have the time and patience to retarget EVERY animation for 14 characters, especially characters with height differences.

Mecanim Generic works as it should. But every character has their own avatar. Example, I am making a general set of hit reactions, and every character will use it. Except for fingers, everything else retargets cleanly. No wonder most fighters in fighting games are the same height

And I wish UFE allowed me to choose the animation I want when I set a hit reaction to custom in a move. Such as I want a certain reaction to a strike, let me set this to custom and CHOOSE THE ANIMATION I want and not use a predetermined list in the character itself. You can keep the weak, medium, and hard reactions. BUT when I choose custom in a move, create an empty field for me to choose the animation I want. Maybe I want a stagger after a punch, or a spin out after a kick. Or a violent flip after a sweep kick.

I seen a few people on the forums here talk about "Mecanim Generic"

Is that using generic as the Rig Animation Type and then selecting mecanim in the Move Sets > Animation Type ? From what I understand using mecanim in the Move sets would only work when using Humanoid as the rig animation type.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

chrisb3d wrote:

I seen a few people on the forums here talk about "Mecanim Generic"

Is that using generic as the Rig Animation Type and then selecting mecanim in the Move Sets > Animation Type ? From what I understand using mecanim in the Move sets would only work when using Humanoid as the rig animation type.

That is exactly what it means. And sadly it doesn't retarget AFAIK. But it does work.

Hey guys... I finally caught a clip of what has been happening in my game... this is the mecanim bug I was talking about...

http://i.giphy.com/3o6ZtdMTcf2kQNOS4M.gif

And also as for my stand up animation problems... if I set a force on a knockback, it won't play the entire knockback animation and blend into the default down (unless I split the knockback animation into two animation, one for the flight and the rest of it for the character falling)

Regarding the mirror-error:

You should monitor the mirror-variables during a fight-round. So put some print-commands (or debug.log) in DoFixedUpdate() inside of ControlScript.cs
For example use this:

print (UFE.config.characterRotationOptions.autoMirror);

to see what happens with "autoMirror". In your case it should always be "false". If not, search for the problem inside the code or the settings. There are more variables which affects the mirror-state.

14 (edited by KRGraphics 2016-11-18 14:09:24)

shubi wrote:

Regarding the mirror-error:

You should monitor the mirror-variables during a fight-round. So put some print-commands (or debug.log) in DoFixedUpdate() inside of ControlScript.cs
For example use this:

print (UFE.config.characterRotationOptions.autoMirror);

to see what happens with "autoMirror". In your case it should always be "false". If not, search for the problem inside the code or the settings. There are more variables which affects the mirror-state.

I'm using Vanilla UFE. It shouldn't be doing ANY of this. This doesn't happen with the mecanim Generic rig