Topic: Powering Up or a Charging Gauge/Meter move.

Hey yall.

I'm pretty new to UFE. It's an amazing tool! I wanted to see if anyone knows of a way to have your character power up? What I mean is having them slowing gain energy by pressing and holding down a button?  I've been messing around with this for a bit and I haven't been able to find a way to do it. I am an 3D artist and not a programmer, so I wont be able to code anything that UFE can't do out of the box.

Thanks for your help in advanced. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Powering Up or a Charging Gauge/Meter move.

I have put aside my project for a while so I'm a little rusty. That said, I'm not sure if this will work, but you can give it a try. If you have the 1.8+ version there is a "gauge drain" option I believe. You can set that to a negative value so it would fill up your gauge bar instead of draining it.

I don't believe just holding the button would work(as UFE is at this moment), you would have to press it a couple times. Maybe you could configure to hold the button and the "power" would only come at the end.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks Meractus!

Yeah it didn't work. What I am going to do instead is have it so the player has to repeatably press the button to gain energy. It's not bad, and the animation looks a little weird but ill figure something out. I would love to see something like this in the next version of UFE.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

4 (edited by MrPonton 2016-12-05 10:55:29)

What if you utilize the charge timing system?

Set the Move to be a Charge move.
Set the Charge Timing to be the smallest amount allowed.
Set the Guage Boost to go up by the amount in that small time frame.

Additionally, maybe do a Move Link to the same move? (So that the move can be an endless loop until the buttons are no longer being held down)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MrPonton wrote:

What if you utilize the charge timing system?

Set the Move to be a Charge move.
Set the Charge Timing to be the smallest amount allowed.
Set the Guage Boost to go up by the amount in that small time frame.

Additionally, maybe do a Move Link to the same move? (So that the move can be an endless loop until the buttons are no longer being held down)

That's more or less one of the options I had in mind, but I still think it will be necessary to press the button multiple times.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Not true.

I created a run using this method.

All you need is 2 moves

One for the charge
One for the stop

Create charge as a chain of itself (ignore player conditions and ignore inputs) and set the gauge gain appropriately

Set the stop in a separate chain move and set it to be the same button as the charge but on release and not require press first

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down