Topic: Character Variations

I would like to ask if anyone knows how to implement a "variation" System like Mortal kombat X

basically I just want to set up a way to pic a character then more choices appear for you pick a variation and depending on the variation it loads different movesets

anybody now how to or where to start with that?

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Character Variations

It'd require UFE Source I imagine, but you'd make a separate character file with its own moveset, then alter the character select menu to handle selecting the variation based off of the character selected to get the "real" selected character.

If you want it like the earlier mortal kombats where you could stance change in the middle of the match, there's move stances available as an option in the character file. but if you want it like MKX then you have to do the above.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

no you had it right the first time.

and yes i know i need to create additonal versions of the same char with different movesets that part i now. i ust dont knwo what to do on the code side.

i do have source

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Any idea as to how i can make the Select screen work that way

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Bump

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

6 (edited by Meractus 2016-07-24 21:42:30)

Have you tried Grahf's solution? You can find it on this thread:
http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=776

I'm in the process of implementing this but had a problem with another thing I'm trying and got stuck, so I don't know if it's working since some replies to this post suggest some problems.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thats a different thing. thats for Alt Costume
i need somethng more so for to change the select screen

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Bump

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You would have to code the game to pick character files instead of characters prefabs.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You have any idea what files I'd have to mess with?

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You would have to check where the code for the character prefab (alternative prefabs) change is used. I haven't worked on my projects for a while now, so I can't say for sure.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'll check

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down