1 (edited by fuquan999 2017-07-05 12:47:21)

Topic: Character Selection Additional Characters

Hi,

Would someone be kind enough to explain to me how to increase the number of characters (beyond the default 8) that can be selected in the Character Selection screen (See attachment).

I would like to extend the number of selectable characters to say 16 (as screen space seems limited for this) as shown in the attachment.

If anyone knows how to do this a step-by-step explanation would be appreciated. 

No image attached as cant seem to find the upload link for images on the forum post.

Thanks
Fuquan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Character Selection Additional Characters

Currently not looking at UFE right now but I remember the steps being something like this.

First step would be to open the Character Select Prefab under the UI Options tab in the Global Editor.
Afterwards, when looking through the prefab, you should see buttons for the characters themselves, from 0 to 7 (0 being the first, 7 being the 8th). You can duplicate the last one, rename it, and move it around in the Scene tab.

The newly made ones have to be added simply by clicking the prefab itself while its open (CharacterSelectionScreen), and in the Inspector, click the "Characters" tab, increase it's size by the number of characters you added, and drag their respective icons into it.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Hi Challenger/Twrmois,

I cannot thank you enough as I had searched and scrambled around a bit on this to no avail. The missing part was the last thing you mentioned [".... increase it's size by the number of characters...."] as often times it is the simple things that slip our attention as somehow I never saw that section in the inspector. Thanks for the assistance as it is most appreciated. Hopefully anyone else coming along will see your answer and not have the same challenge I had. The more I get familiar the more I can say UFE is value for money as it probably is one of the best items/templates available on the asset store and one can't wait to see it have a "Changing Room" feature as that will make it phenomenal.

Thanks and have a pleasant day!
Peace
Fuquan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

4 (edited by AllenaWeible 2017-07-06 19:27:53)

I did have the same question and couldn't find the answer before I stumbled upon this topic big_smile
Thanks for the answer and have a nice day/night!
Regards.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

How are the player HUDs changed so that they navigate all 16 icons?  Mine only want to move to the original 8.

Thumbs up Thumbs down