Topic: How to make a move only work on low health?

So I had tried this myself by just copying over the gauge required coding and change variables that are directed at the health total.

But the issue is when I set the life percentage in the editor to say 10% I can still do the move but once they go below 10% they can't do the move anymore. This is the exact opposite of what I'm wanting it should be If below 10% you can do that move not above.

To add to this it would be cool to also have a detection for the move to look at the opponents health if they have low health for the move to be able to trigger like a finishing move.

Terrordrome Reign of the Legends Out now on Steam!!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1291 … e_Legends/
Terrordrome Project Manager

Re: How to make a move only work on low health?

If i remember correctly the gauge required code
Says

"If meter is greater than or equal to  allow this move"

You nee to make it say

"If meter is less than or equal to allow this move"

So change ">=" to "<="

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Should be in one the lines you copied to change to health

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I figured it out but had to add bools to enable or disable it otherwise all other moves would have to be 100% on the life check.

The code is right you just have to change what the condition is on the bool cause the code is asking If meter is less that the required amount then it's false don't do the move.

So in this case we just change the return false to return true

Going to make a tutorial and post it in Source Coding forum soon smile

Terrordrome Reign of the Legends Out now on Steam!!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1291 … e_Legends/
Terrordrome Project Manager