Topic: Hiding body parts on iddle?

As far as I'm concerned the iddle animation doesn't have a custom UFE character move file, if I would like to hide e.g. a weapon in the iddle animation, which way should I follow? Thanks!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2 (edited by christougher 2018-07-13 13:29:01)

Re: Hiding body parts on iddle?

Are you familiar with animation events? You could do it entirely circumventing ufe code by adding an event at the proper keyframe and linking it to a small script of your own. Or possibly easier would be to animate the mesh renderer off within the animation itself.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

christougher wrote:

Are you familiar with animation events? You could do it entirely circumventing ufe code by adding an event at the proper keyframe and linking it to a small script of your own. Or possibly easier would be to animate the mesh renderer off within the animation itself.

I'm familiar with animation events, it's just feels hard to merge my "skills" with the asset :\ If the original animations had the bones hidden would this imply a problem?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, why not just disable the weapon element for the duration of that animation?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

5 (edited by usernamenotfound 2018-07-29 10:47:07)

soonk wrote:

Yeah, why not just disable the weapon element for the duration of that animation?

I'm trying that right now using animation events. I just declared the weapons as GameObjects and disabled them during the "Start" function. It works so far, but the event itself doesn't seem to work.
If I call a specific method it doesn't seem to trigger.
Ex:

void IdleDisableWeapons(){
        Kim_LeftR.SetActive (false);
        Kim_RightR.SetActive (false);
        Kim_Hammer.SetActive (false);
    }

During the start of the idle animation there's an event which should trigger this. I have done some tests around to enable and disable weapons but I can't get them to work, I'm confused.

Thumbs up Thumbs down