Topic: How to change various options in the Editor

Hey everyone I know this is must be possible but I would like to know what scripts I need to alter in order to change the names of the options in the editor? Basically what I'm trying to do is change the option Combat Stances from the Character Editor to something like Transformations or something like that. Also I know this has been asked before though but can any of you tell me how to add more character slots since I have no clue of how to do it. I assume that changing names of options in the Editors can be tricky. But adding more character slots shouldn't be too hard right?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: How to change various options in the Editor

Adding Character Slots
Global Options | Characters.  You just need to click the New Character button. 

Unless you're talking about adding more than 8 slots to the character select screen?  In that case, you need to edit the CharacterSelectionScript.cs file.  Also check this post that details how to extend the default 8 slot grid.

Changing Editor Panels
Look in Assets\UFE\Editor\.  The file you want is CharacterEditorWindow.cs.

If you just want to change the display name from Combat Stances to Transformations, then just change this:

SubGroupTitle("Combat Stances");

to this:

SubGroupTitle("Transformations");

You might also want to change any other references, like "Stance Number:" which is a few lines below the one above.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down