Topic: Unable To Use Matchmaking

Hello ,
I am using UFE Standard version and trying to make match in my custom screen.
I used search match screen script to do so.
Sometimes i get a match but not all the times.
Also if i get a match for the first time and play it till end and then get back to main menu screen to select search match again i get an error Index 255 Error Code 0 and my screen stucks.
Kindly help me out on this as i have to submit my build to client.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Unable To Use Matchmaking

dheeraj.emilence wrote:

Sometimes i get a match but not all the times.

I assume you are testing with only 2 connections correct?
When you click on search, the system will attempt to connect the first player onto available games. It will search for about 5 seconds, and if there are no games available it will create a game room and wait for the next player to find it.
If you attempt to connect 2 clients too fast, the system won't have enough time to detect one another, and will create game rooms for both players.
When testing your game, just make sure you give about 2 seconds before searching for a match on the other client.

dheeraj.emilence wrote:

Also if i get a match for the first time and play it till end and then get back to main menu screen to select search match again i get an error Index 255 Error Code 0 and my screen stucks.

I'll look into it.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.
Don't forget to check our discord channel.

3 (edited by dheeraj.emilence 2019-02-04 05:39:15)

Hi,
I recognised that it takes about 2 seconds to find a match. But my problem is if i get a match for the first time and play it till end and then get back to main menu screen to select search match again  my screen stucks. Nothing works after that not even GoToMainMenu Function,Cancel Matchmaking ,etc.

And it does not proceed to character selection screen.

https://imgur.com/a/absSgXy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Which version of UFE are you using (2.0, 2.1, 2.1.1)?

5 (edited by dheeraj.emilence 2019-02-05 00:10:18)

Hi,
I am using latest verion of UFE present on Unity Asset Store i.e. 2.1.1

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/t … ard-126331

I tried matchmaking twice in UFE's demo module. I am getting same issue there.

I get my match first time,I play the game,Complete the game,Goto MainMenu and try to do matchmaking again my screen gets stuck on matchmaking page and no button works.. No UFE function works there. My last debug was that i sent you before.

https://imgur.com/a/absSgXy

After this debug nothing happens. You can test this issue on Demo scene also.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I see. I'll get right on it. Expect fix to be available on the next patch (~3 weeks)

Hello,
Kindly let me know when it gets fixed because i have my submission of this project this month and matchmaking is 50% of my game.
Also i want to ask how to invite my facebook friends to play with me. Like Creating a room and room gets joined by other player.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello,
i want to ask how to invite my facebook friends to play with me. Like Creating a room and room gets joined by other player.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

dheeraj.emilence wrote:

Hello,
i want to ask how to invite my facebook friends to play with me. Like Creating a room and room gets joined by other player.

I don't have 2.0+, but I believe you can accomplish this by first integrating Facebook into your project, making sure the user can actually log in and such from the menu, and if you want to connect to that friend, you could study the matchmaking code and make an alternative version that only accepts connections from the user's group of friends, or a particular friend.

Project-specific things such as playing with Facebook friends are not something that is in UFE out of the box, and is something the end-user has to program.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

10 (edited by dheeraj.emilence 2019-02-12 01:04:22)

Hi thanx for replying,Matchmaking script is not accessible in my version i am using UFE standard version.
I have managed to access friends and sending them request but how to integrate  them in my match ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I see standard has basic networking included, an idea that comes to mind is looking at the code for when you host a match, and implementing the code there for inviting a friend to a game, you'd have to also program in what happens when the person accepts, e.g. on accepting the invite, have that player attempt to join directly to the host's PC and start the game.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

dheeraj.emilence wrote:

Hi thanx for replying,Matchmaking script is not accessible in my version i am using UFE standard version.
I have managed to access friends and sending them request but how to integrate  them in my match ?

Both UNet and Photon connector files are open source. This type of connection does not require the Open Source version.
Once extracted (from the folder Engine\ThirdParty), you can find the files under Engine\Scripts\Network.

Hello mistermind , i was expecting a fixed variant of UFE for my matchmaking issue. Can you please update me about how much time it will take for an updated UFE patch.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

dheeraj.emilence wrote:

Hello mistermind , i was expecting a fixed variant of UFE for my matchmaking issue. Can you please update me about how much time it will take for an updated UFE patch.

Sorry for the delay. The bug is more complicated than I thought, so I figured it was better to rewrite the ending match screen and give some extra options along the way. The menu will allow both players to select which option they want: Rematch, Character Select, Search New Match, Main Menu.
- Rematch will only occur if both players select that option.
- Character Select will occur if one of the players selects it and the other selects 'Rematch' or 'Character Select'.
- If any player selects 'Search New Match' or 'Main Menu', that player will leave the match immediately and the options above will be grayed out.

I might need another week on this, but don’t worry, I’ll let you know as soon as it’s done.

Hi, Thanx for replying and yes i will be waiting for that fix smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi,
Mistermind i am into a problem again, I did coding for sending challenge and receiving,accepting . My code is doing good. Players are joining the room but my problem here is same as the problem i get on matchmaking the players 2nd time.
Everything goes fine but character selection screen is not opening even after joining the match by both players.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello,
Mistermind kindly help me solving this problem,i am in trouble due to this. I have my submission to client on 28th fb and neither of my gameplay fetaures are working. First matchmaking  and now same with custom challenges .

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm sorry. I've been sick for the past week and couldn't do to much work on UFE. Unfortunately there will be some delay fixing this.

Hello Mistermind ,
Kindly give me estimate of solving matchmaking bug.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello. I sent you a private message on Sunday addressing the topic. Fixing this issue is complicated, but it’s my priority atm.

Hi,
Thanx for replying i just read that message and waiting for fix .

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi, any progress on this?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

zbrusher wrote:

Hi, any progress on this?

Still working on it.

Just some update here guys: I'm still trying to fix this bug. It's the only reason why I haven't released UFE 2.2 yet.

Good news! After long attempts I finally found a work around that fixes this issue.

Under FluxCapacitor.cs, cast the following global variable (line 108~):

protected bool initializing;

Under FluxCapacitor.DoFixedUpdate(), add the following code (line 121~):

public void DoFixedUpdate(){

if (initializing && _remotePlayerNextExpectedFrame != UFE.currentFrame)
        {
            this.PlayerManager.Initialize(UFE.currentFrame, UFE.config.networkOptions.maxBufferSize);
            _remotePlayerNextExpectedFrame = UFE.currentFrame;
            initializing = false;
        }

Finally, under FluxCapacitor.Initialize, add this toggle (line 340~):

public virtual void Initialize(long currentFrame, int maxHistoryLength){
        initializing = true;

Its not the most elegant of the fixes, but it does the job.

This fix will be available on UFE 2.2. I'll start working on packaging asap.