Topic: Thinking about purchasing, but I have a couple questions

I would like to know if I would be able to create a Tekken/Soul Calibur style game with this engine (with sidestepping and the works)? So far all I have seen is 2.5D games get made in this engine. I know it technically would be possible with the Source Code, but as someone who doesn't know a whole lot of C#, it can be troubling. If a 3-D mode was added, would it be possible to switch between the two like having separate game modes in the same project? I am not much of a developer, just a fighting game enthusiast that really wants to create something.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Thinking about purchasing, but I have a couple questions

Theres someone who made a tekken/SC fighter with source looks good. If i find the link ill post it here.

As for have 2 separate game modes yes this is possible but youd need two separate config clients and alot of coding.

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If you don't wanna start from scratch with the 3D coding, you can take a look at the code here for making a project similar to Tekken/SC (http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=57), 3D is actually something that'll be built into UFE sometime in the future so you can also wait until it's officially implemented, and yeah as xFTLxKingPhoenix said, it's possible to have multiple styles of "game modes", you'd just need to make a clone of your UFE Config file and depending on the changes, you'd need to have two different sets of coding.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Thanks for the help; I will look into it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down