1 (edited by mizael86 2019-10-16 16:37:44)

Topic: Sync failed using Photon ....

I am developing an online game and I activated the network mode using Photon, I went to the test first in the demo and then in my game and found, in addition to a strange lag (Playing on a 35m internet, imagine on a mobile phone?). However the biggest problem is a very large loss of synchronization, the enemy player in my view is sometimes in one place, and in the opponent's view in another. Sometimes on my side I won, and on his side he won. In the end, is there a very large synchronization loss, is this a known issue or can I be doing something wrong?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Sync failed using Photon ....

I signed the Diamond at Patreon, keep up the good work. Then I would like to know how to get access to the repository, but my main focus is to be assisted in these more complex problems.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What UFE 2 version are you using (Standard/Pro/Source)?
If its Pro/Source (Rollback netcode) you first need to record the animation maps of each character (Step 2 on "Converting to 2.0" in this tutorial) then toggle "Use Animation Maps" under Character Editor-> Move Set. This will ensure every element of your game is using deterministic physics.

About the lag, it could be the server(s) you are using. You can change these under your photon settings (https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/pun/ … tial-setup).

Thank you for the patreon pledge btw! I'll get in touch and give you the discord instructions.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.
Don't forget to check our discord channel.

You are a genius....

A doubt, my game is 2D (Sprites 2D), in case I use hitbox files, this step is necessary in this case:

Step 3: Update Character File
Next up is the HitBoxes' radius, rectangles and offsets. Because these values are recorded under the prefab itself we need to do this from the Character Editor. Open the Character under Hit Box Setup and hit “Restore Legacy Values”:

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I did the steps, in my game kept losing synchronization, but took longer this time, but happens bizarre things, as for example, the enemy gives a special, and in his he did not perform it. The round is over in his, and mine was still going on ....
I tested the demo with its 3D characters and also gave synchronization problem. Ah something else I should do?

Another question, in the global file -> network, what is the difference between Photon Clound and Photon Server? By Photon Clound I was unable to start online mode, only when using Photon Server.

Another detail, can using TCP or UDP as communication protocol influence?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mizael86 wrote:

I did the steps, in my game kept losing synchronization, but took longer this time, but happens bizarre things, as for example, the enemy gives a special, and in his he did not perform it. The round is over in his, and mine was still going on ....
I tested the demo with its 3D characters and also gave synchronization problem. Ah something else I should do?

It seems you have changed some of the core files and that can be the cause of desync. I'll talk to you on Discord so we can find out what could have caused it.

mizael86 wrote:

Another question, in the global file -> network, what is the difference between Photon Clound and Photon Server? By Photon Clound I was unable to start online mode, only when using Photon Server.

Another detail, can using TCP or UDP as communication protocol influence?

You can read more about Photon here:
https://doc.photonengine.com/en-us/real … es-or-saas

TCP and UDP can play a part, and it really depends on your connection limitations. The best advice I can give you is to try different setups and see what works best for you.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.
Don't forget to check our discord channel.