Topic: Game freezes, errors came out of nowhere

Hi!

i was wortking on my project and suddenly, the p2 freezes the game everytime it launches a hit... is very strange, and i get this error. now, it doesn't show up... but the game freezes for any other reason. is quite strange sad
NullReferenceException
UnityEngine.Transform.get_position () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/TransformBindings.gen.cs:27)
HitBoxesScript.TestCollision (.HitBox[] hitBoxes, .HurtBox[] hurtBoxes, HitConfirmType hitConfirmType, Int32 mirror) (at Assets/Libs/UFE/Scripts/HitBoxesScript.cs:149)
HitBoxesScript.TestCollision (.HurtBox[] hurtBoxes, HitConfirmType hitConfirmType) (at Assets/Libs/UFE/Scripts/HitBoxesScript.cs:272)
ControlsScript.ReadMove (.MoveInfo move) (at Assets/Libs/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:1672)
ControlsScript.DoFixedUpdate () (at Assets/Libs/UFE/Scripts/ControlsScript.cs:598)
UFE.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Libs/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:2209)

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Re: Game freezes, errors came out of nowhere

Have the hit/hurtboxes changed?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think your character's bones misses the reference on the HitBox script. you should again assign the hitbox on character

Thumbs up 0 Thumbs down

There's a nullified reference in the hit box.

Check what line of code is at: Line 149 of Assets/Libs/UFE/Scripts/HitBoxesScript.cs

Something in that line is null when it shouldn't be.

Does it happen with every character on P2 side? always Player 2? or always just one character?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, understand that you miss the reference of hurt boxes Script in your character please check all references of your bones which assign in the hurt box.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

So far it happens always on P2 side, also when the characters jump, they kind of get stuck in air, and when they fall, and if a missil is fired, the game crashes.

this is line 149 on HitBoxesScript

Vector3 hitBoxPosition = hitBox.position.position;

but the strange part is taht it doesn't happen all the time...
just some times sad

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Steviebops wrote:

Have the hit/hurtboxes changed?

Not at all. sad

MrPonton wrote:

There's a nullified reference in the hit box.

Check what line of code is at: Line 149 of Assets/Libs/UFE/Scripts/HitBoxesScript.cs

Something in that line is null when it shouldn't be.

Does it happen with every character on P2 side? always Player 2? or always just one character?

it's happening on all P2 characters, on versus, training, CPU vs. CPU

i don't get it sad

This is getting crazy, now everytime i start the fight it gives me a different error, and crashes!

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
DefaultBattleGUI.DoFixedUpdate () (at Assets/Libs/UFE/Scripts/UI/Templates/DefaultBattleGUI.cs:124)
UFE.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Libs/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:2129)

No character selected for player 1.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
UFE:_StartGame(Single) (at Assets/Libs/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:2570)
<StartGame>c__AnonStorey5:<>m__0() (at Assets/Libs/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:766)
CameraFade:FireFadeFinished() (at Assets/Libs/UFE/Scripts/CameraFade.cs:61)
CameraFade:OnGUI() (at Assets/Libs/UFE/Scripts/CameraFade.cs:78)

CameraScript.Start () (at Assets/Libs/UFE/Scripts/CameraScript.cs:32)

CameraScript.DoFixedUpdate () (at Assets/Libs/UFE/Scripts/CameraScript.cs:66)
UFE.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Libs/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs:2121)

Is it happening on mirror matches? It could be a null reference for the alt costume prefab.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Mistermind wrote:

Is it happening on mirror matches? It could be a null reference for the alt costume prefab.

it happened on all situations, mirror matches or not.

i tried sveral options, but at the end loaded an older version of the project i had on a GIT, and the problem, whatever it was, was gone, just had to re imprt some newer assets, but i haven't got any problems since.

Thanks a lot to everyone!

When in doubt, roll on git.

Thumbs up Thumbs down