1 (edited by apollo 2019-12-17 23:01:34)

Topic: Duplicate 2D animation files in UFE?

I want create clone characters like Ryu and Ken to the extent that both characters have the same animation files but each have different sprites. I thought if I simply duplicate the files, change the sprites and prefab with would work. UFE does recognize the duplicate animations.

Is it possible to duplicate animation files and have them registered in UFE without having to manually create new files?

Please advise.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Duplicate 2D animation files in UFE?

From what it sounds like, you're doing it the only way I think it can be done, unless you find something that can alter a single animation's sprite change calls to be based off the prefab running it?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I don't understand, but thanks for the reply.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You have two character files right? If your trying to duplicate animation files and its not working, I would say try creating a new animation and see what happens.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

@FreedTerror I tried it. It doesn't work. The Animation file is Read Only so I can't replace the sprites.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

6 (edited by MrPonton 2019-12-18 22:55:18)

Duplicate the animation file (Ctrl+D). That sometimes makes a duplicate file that is set to read-write.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

@apollo If you still can't get it to work, can you provide a screenshot of whats going on? I might be able to help you a bit better if I see whats happening.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

@MrPonton: Which animation becomes editable? The duplicate or original. Nonetheless it didn't work for me. @FreedTerror: I've given up trying an decided to manually create the files sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The duplicate becomes editable. Typically my animation files are an FBX so it's read-only, duplicating them creates them outside of the FBX and allows the new file to be edited.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

10 (edited by christougher 2019-12-19 09:36:06)

An aging asset store asset Skele had a feature to alter naming paths of animations. Maybe??? that could do the trick? It does appear unsupported and won't work in the latest versions of unity. It was pretty sweet in its day... It's what I used to convert the generic Mike to humanoid

Thumbs up Thumbs down

@christougher: Thanks for the suggestion. It looks like that asset will be off the Asset store soon because it's becoming obsolete.

Thumbs up Thumbs down