Topic: Maximum # of characters and stages on mobile?

G'day.
I was wondering if there is a logical or practical limit to the number of characters and stages possible on mobile platforms like Android and iOS?

Is it possible to have 35 characters and 18 stages? Are there any practical or logical reasons why this would not be possible?

Thank you!
Cheers
Jerrel

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Maximum # of characters and stages on mobile?

jerreldulay wrote:

G'day.
I was wondering if there is a logical or practical limit to the number of characters and stages possible on mobile platforms like Android and iOS?

Is it possible to have 35 characters and 18 stages? Are there any practical or logical reasons why this would not be possible?

Thank you!
Cheers
Jerrel

This shouldn't be a problem. Sure however, the more characters and stages you have, the larger the build will be, but in most cases you should be able to get 35 characters to work well.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Thanks for replying. You have put a smile on my dial.
Are there substantial RAM implications for loading 35 characters into memory on a mobile device or is that not a problem? My characters tend to run add about 10-20mb to the build file so I'm not worried about the build size.
Cheers.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

jerreldulay wrote:

Thanks for replying. You have put a smile on my dial.
Are there substantial RAM implications for loading 35 characters into memory on a mobile device or is that not a problem? My characters tend to run add about 10-20mb to the build file so I'm not worried about the build size.
Cheers.

Shouldn't be a problem smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

5 (edited by apollo 2019-12-30 20:30:53)

I'm having trouble loading 10 2D characters on mobile

Thumbs up Thumbs down