Topic: TUTORIAL Setup a new character

> You have a Character.fbx Rigged

> If you click on it and show "inspector" window you will see 3 options: Model - Rig - Animations

> Then you click "Rig" and I think "Animation type" must be set to humanoid (correct me if I'm wrong)

> Below "Avatar Definition" there is a button named "Configure", so you click on it, save and apply

> will be opened a window with the character in green and down you click Done. now your fbx is configured

> Then you drop your fbx to your "Hierarchy" window and also look for UFE>Plugins>UFE>HitboxesScript and you drop "HitboxesScript" in to your fbx located in "Hierarchy" and finaly you drop back your fbx located in "Hierarchy" to your folder and automatically it was converted to .prefab

> Then you must duplicate a character.asset (I think it must be Joan or Mecanim_Bot because must be a Mecanim character)

> when you had duplicated the character and you click in the newcharacter.asset archive you will open your character window and deploy "Hit Boxes Setup" to setup your .prefab and configure your hitboxes by clicking open character (If you have rigged your character with mixamo the hitboxes will be configured automatically) and then click on "apply changes" and deploy now "move sets" to setup your avatar and select your avatar

> Finaly clicking in your prefab archive on "inspector" window you must setup your Transform position, rotation and scale in the same way it is configured by the character you're exchanging and then adjust scale because may be it isn't the same.

In this way it has worked for me perfectly, if I'm wrong about something, correct me.

I hope that helps somebody.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Re: TUTORIAL Setup a new character

Tutorials are a good source of learning specially for beginners.

Thumbs up Thumbs down