Topic: Frank Fighting 3 Animation Issue

Hi,

I'm trying to import Frank Fighting 3 into UFE but I've 2 issues.

So, I imported the Frank Package on my UFE project. Then I chose the Move File "Standing Light Kick" to test the Frank animations.
I replaced the animation in the move file by one called "Fury". When I watched the Animation Preview, everything is working fine (as you can see in the video). But when I launched the game I have 2 issues:
- The animation is broken. The character doesn't move like the animation.
- The hit boxes of the opponent doesn't respond at all.

Here's a link of a video with my problem --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fljICPH … l=Oktogone

If you have any insights which can help me, it will be wonderful!

Thanks in advance

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2 (edited by xFTLxKingPhoenix 2020-10-30 17:11:03)

Re: Frank Fighting 3 Animation Issue

you want to turn on apply root motion if you want the attack to move using the animations roots.

as for hitboxes.. seems you dont have any active frames set up

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi,
Thanks for your answer. I was not aware about all this thing with Active Frames, it's a really great tool. I've set up 6 different hits for my animation and there are all working great. Thanks mate!

However, I still have my issue with the fact that my animation doesn't move as expected. I've turned on Apply Root Motion but nothing is happening. My character still stay on the same position while it should advanced forward as we can see in the animation preview in the 1st video.

Here's a link with the Active Frames and Root Motion turned on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN0gtkw … l=Oktogone

Thanks in advance

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Apply Root motion depends on the animation file moving the character. Having it on will do that. Check that the animation used from Frank in Frank's animation files doesn't have the X & Z axis position baked.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi, thanks for your answer

I made a new video where I record every information about the Frank's animation on Unity. Maybe it will help you to understand why this is happening.

For my part, I noticed that there is a warning in the Rig Tab of Frank's animation.
I've also noticed that when I preview the Frank's animation, with the Frank .fbx, everything is alright. When I previewed it with Robot_Kyle .fbx, everything is working perfectly too. But when I previewed it with Robot_Kyle.prefab (2D or 3D, is doesn't matter), the preview of the animation show Robot_Kyle who doesn't move forward as expected.
Last thing I noticed, the Avatar configuration of Frank is different than Robot_Kyle (but it doesn't explain why the Robot_Kyle.fbx preview is working)

Everything I mentioned is in the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23S699c … l=Oktogone

Thanks a lot for your help!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Try starting a new prefab of your character or of Robot Kyle and see if the new prefab fixes it. Sometimes Unity can be weird about updating the prefabs in regard to animation or avatars.

Thumbs up Thumbs down