Topic: RE: Projectiles & Video

Hi guys, 2 quick questions:

1. I'm trying to use particle fx for my character attacks. but most of the effects don't activate in the game, and the ones that do happen only once or twice and then they stop happening all together. I'm using  this package:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/v … k-1-99856)

Any advice on how to get these effects working as they should? Does it need some coding to be done?

2. Is it possible to have video files playing during story mode, instead of the static images that are currently there, and how?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: RE: Projectiles & Video

Did you make sure the Casting Option > Duration is set? ( http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/move:projectiles )
Whatever that duration is set to, changes how long the projectile remains in play even if it hasn't hit anyone.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MrPonton wrote:

Did you make sure the Casting Option > Duration is set? ( http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/move:projectiles )
Whatever that duration is set to, changes how long the projectile remains in play even if it hasn't hit anyone.

Yes I set the casting duration. Changing the speed seems to have some effect though, but it still works only sometimes.

Also, would you know if it's possible to have video cutscenes for story mode?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Possible, yes. Out of the box, I believe not. Requires modifying the source code I believe.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

A way to make a video cutscene for story mode is by using the built in "Video Player" component for Unity but inside of a story mode prefab originally used for texture screens.

Inside the prefab, add the Video Player component in the prefab somewhere, add a new camera (keep it inside the prefab), remove the audio listener in the newly added camera, and for the settings for that previously added Video Player, add your movie file into it, set the camera to the newly added one, and adjust the settings to your liking. Whenever that cutscene is suppose to happen, your selected video will play, instead of just being a regular image background. Don't forget to save the prefab before closing.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Twrmois wrote:

A way to make a video cutscene for story mode is by using the built in "Video Player" component for Unity but inside of a story mode prefab originally used for texture screens.

Inside the prefab, add the Video Player component in the prefab somewhere, add a new camera (keep it inside the prefab), remove the audio listener in the newly added camera, and for the settings for that previously added Video Player, add your movie file into it, set the camera to the newly added one, and adjust the settings to your liking. Whenever that cutscene is suppose to happen, your selected video will play, instead of just being a regular image background. Don't forget to save the prefab before closing.

I'll try that out. THanks

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Twrmois wrote:

I did that and still the screen is blank (except for the "Opening Screen" text). Does the video player allow mp4 videos or is there a specific format?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

*Bump*. Anyone?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Make sure the Render Mode in the Video Player is set to a camera, and not on the default setting which is "Render Texture".

Thumbs up Thumbs down