Topic: simultaneous button press

I.m having trouble with moves that call for two buttons to be pressed at the same time (A + B) as opposed to sequentially, A, then B.

It seems to be ok with direction and button presses, but when I try to have two attack buttons at the same time, there's no response.

Any ideas on what Ive missed?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: simultaneous button press

By chance, it's not the same problem detailed here is it?

I haven't had any issues pressing two attack keys at the same time, except that I'm horrendously uncoordinated on keyboards wink.

You definitely have the two buttons set only in the Button Execution list, right?  The default throw command for Kyle is 1+4, and that works fine for me.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I checked the input option, definitely only two keys set.
The debug code is registering the two keys at the same time.

Im going to test my keyboard for that ghosting thing, then report back.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I ran two separate ones, on from http://www.microsoft.com/appliedscience … ained.mspx, and one I downloaded.

The test definitely showed some ghosting, although the two keys I assigned for the attack in UFE are fine. I suppose that means a fail on the ghosting test, but it's still weird that the simultaneous input for that specific move IS registering as working in the test.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I plugged in my joypad, and the issue is still there. My understanding is that ghosting doesn't affect joypads.

It seems there is another issue then.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can't figure this, Ive checked every option,but it just won't work. Global, character, move editors.
I reduced the move to using one button only, and it plays as normal, add a second Button Execution, and it doesn't.

I did notice that a simultaneous Axis and Button press works. For example Forward and Button1 works, but Button1 and Button2 doesn't.

These are both keyboard inputs, so it's not ghosting.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What should the default plinking delay be? I noticed it was set to 1, so I upped it to 2 and the move seems to be working now.

It feels hacky to me though. Especially when Axis + Button works, but Button + Button doesn't.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

where do you find the plinking delay?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Global Editor: Advanced Options

Thumbs up Thumbs down

nice, thank you smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hmm, yeah that is strange then.  You're right ghosting shouldn't extend to joypads, especially if said pad is an Arcade Stick.

Only other thing I can think of is the command might be overlapping another existing one?  Have you tried a different combination of buttons?

And are you definitely pressing both buttons at the right time?  I haven't had to change my plinking settings, but different machine/devices might need to.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

i've been looking but can't find out, how can i set a two button simultaneous press command?

Thanks

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

In the move's Input section, you put two buttons into the Execution section (not the Sequence section).

Examples
EX Fireball (QCF+LP+MP) would be:
http://i.imgur.com/H4JAs3E.png

Ultra (QCFx2 + PPP) would be:
http://i.imgur.com/OZxU5V7.png

Throw (LP+LK) would be:
http://i.imgur.com/yw9yCYa.png

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I removed all other moves except the one to test, When the plinking is set to 1, it doesn't work.
I can confirm the buttons are being pressed at the same time.

Set the plinking to 2, however, and it works fine.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Have you tried enabling Allow Input Leniency in the Input options?  Just set it to 1.  But that might also mean you could press another button with the two for your execution...

I'm not sure what the issue could be, I don't have any issues on my end with this... :-\

Thumbs up Thumbs down

OK, there's definitely a problem with more than 2 buttons pressed. I tried on couple of keyboards and different computers. Sometimes P1 jumps P2 can only walk and nothing else. Sometimes P1 hit P2 can only jump straight, no forward jump nor backward. Fortunately for me I am designing a prototype atm so it not that urgent but it's nice to get things work the way they should be.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hmm, what OS and Unity version are you guys using?  It probably isn't the cause, but I can't think of anything to rule out.

Also, have you tried testing on a build rather than in the editor?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Unity v 4.6.1 running on Win7

I can confirm that testing on a build makes no difference.
I did notice that the Config that comes with UFE has plinking set to 2 as well, maybe that's how it should be?

Thumbs up Thumbs down