Topic: Upgrade UFE problem

Hi guys, I have installed UFE PRO 1.8.6 and I want upgrade on UFE Bundle, but I have problem with it. I import Scripts (what i want), Editor, UFE Addons, but it dont works. What else i must import? Please help me

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Upgrade UFE problem

Hello, make sure you are copying the correct files when upgrading to a new version so you don't cause conflict between files. For more on upgrading UFE follow these instructions:
http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/changelog … _ufe_build

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

I import everything of UFE Bundle. I replace Project settings in my project. There are some console errors: Global, Move and Character Editor defined multiple times. So I deleted old UFE.DLL plugin. Everything is O.K., but my old Character and Move files cant open in editor (Missing script). New script cannot be added on Character or Move files. Do you know what i can do with it? I Try it install by instruction, but its same problem...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I see what you mean. Yeah, that can happens sometimes. Moving from the dll plugins to source can lose track of the source scripts. Luckily there is a solution for it, but it can be a bit complicated. Here, check out this post:
http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=8212#p8212

Thank you very much, but Im not understanding. Which script have open in Notepad?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mangaj wrote:

Thank you very much, but Im not understanding. Which script have open in Notepad?

I believe the .meta file with the same name of the problematic asset file.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

File ID and Guid of Character files are same in PRO and Bundle versions. But in Bundle version cannot be open after deleting UFE.DLL plugin...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mangaj wrote:

File ID and Guid of Character files are same in PRO and Bundle versions. But in Bundle version cannot be open after deleting UFE.DLL plugin...

No its not the meta files. Read the entire post. You want to change the .asset files.
You want to delete the dll plugins (because they conflict with the open source files), then open the .asset files and manually change the file ID target to the source file. To know the id of the source file, check the templates (global, character and move respectively). They will be different then the ones that were in your previous project. Using a notepad, open these files individually and change their id.
Make sure you have backup of everything. If you try to manually drag the source files to the missing references through Unity you might end up losing the data for that file.

Yes, It works. Thank you very much.

Thumbs up Thumbs down