Re: UFE 2.4.1 Changelog

Storm87 wrote:
xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

how do we override basic moves with move files?

theres a toggle after you choose custom.

thats for custom hitboxes like for mainly 2d sprites . not the move files thing

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

Under each basic move definition (Character Editor -> Move Sets), you can now toggle "Use Move File". When that basic move is triggered, a move will play instead of the basic animation.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Mistermind wrote:
xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

Under each basic move definition (Character Editor -> Move Sets), you can now toggle "Use Move File". When that basic move is triggered, a move will play instead of the basic animation.

I just checked and it seems that feature is not there. Something went wrong with the merges. I'll try releasing a patch within the next couple of weeks.

29 (edited by xFTLxKingPhoenix 2021-02-13 00:46:07)

Mistermind wrote:
Mistermind wrote:
xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

I just checked and it seems that feature is not there. Something went wrong with the merges. I'll try releasing a patch within the next couple of weeks.

weird.. somehow i just had to do a reimport of my entire project. and suddenly the feature is now available

EDIT: the option is there but doesnt work.

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels
Always happy to help when possible. If its something pretty minor ill just help you out. But i do commissions as well. Hit me up if you need a commission.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Except for Lite, all versions of UFE should be updated to 2.4.1
Update is now available on Payhip and should be available on the Asset Store in a couple days.

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

EDIT: the option is there but doesnt work.

I tested on all versions and it should be working.
One side note (will update the documentation soon):
- Except for "idle", you can change it so any basic move is overwritten by a move file
- Certain basic moves will trigger the move file in a constant loop (like moving forward or back). If you need moves to work that way, make sure you have an "exit move" (triggered by move chains)

32 (edited by xFTLxKingPhoenix 2021-02-15 02:01:24)

well my build is still 2.4.0 so ill just try it again in 2.4.1

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

33 (edited by xFTLxKingPhoenix 2021-02-15 21:21:40)

Not working in 2.4.1

it just freezes the character in place and only plays the idle pose. whatever the first move is it calls that but doesnt perform it and consistently loops it

tried in both fresh build and prexisting build

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

xFTLxKingPhoenix wrote:

Not working in 2.4.1

it just freezes the character in place and only plays the idle pose. whatever the first move is it calls that but doesnt perform it and consistently loops it

tried in both fresh build and prexisting build

I tried on Robot Kyle and it works fine. Are you sure its not something else?
One of the things that can cause a lot of problems is linking a move that is not listed in that character's move set.

This is a somewhat experimental feature and unexpected behaviors can happen. In one of my tests for example, the entire character's move set got replaced by another move set because of an incorrect linked move.

If you still can't get it to work, try keep testing it more and if possible give more feedback (preferably in a new tread). Remember I can only test using the templates that come with UFE, so if there is in fact a bug, I need a way to replicate it.

i tested a brand new build using Ethan

I can try recording a video of me setting it up from scratch using a brand new build

Eternal Rift Studios
    Current Projects:
         Destined Soels

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If I override block with a move, could this move block ?

Because I tried and apparently it's not blocking anymore when we override with a move.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Az wrote:

If I override block with a move, could this move block ?

Because I tried and apparently it's not blocking anymore when we override with a move.

That is correct. The blocking state gets immediately overwritten by the move. Once in the move however, you can use the armor options along with invincible frames to make a different kind of "block".

PS: Please create a new a topic for questions like this (next time).

Sorry if this is out of topic @Mistermind, seeing how very good UFE is if given a chance do you have other engines in mind you want to do someday?

In the future I want to create a 3d action game like Devil may cry. Imagine an action game engine with the same editor like UFE.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

xHerox wrote:

Sorry if this is out of topic @Mistermind, seeing how very good UFE is if given a chance do you have other engines in mind you want to do someday?

In the future I want to create a 3d action game like Devil may cry. Imagine an action game engine with the same editor like UFE.

With time, that kind of gameplay can probably be adapted into the engine as well.

Right now I'm working on a Smash Bros style gameplay with support for up to 32 players at once.

This gameplay (codename 2D Platform Fighter) along with 3D Arena will be part of UFE 3, witch I plan to release next year.

I haven't decided how the upgrade process will go, but expect it to be a lot cheaper than 1 -> 2.
I also hope to keep UFE 2 updated even after releasing UFE 3.

Any eta on challenge mode?
From what Ive seen it would make for an excellent tutorial mode, and my current project is geared towards beginners in fighting games.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

@Mistermind, I'm excited about UFE3 especially the GGPO and Tag but I'm wondering if it'll be possible to upgrade a project created in the latest 2.x version to 3? Or there will be huge changes to the source the updating won't be possible. I'm asking because I will be starting a new/bigger game using the latest version but also hoping to upgrade to ver3 once it's out.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can I ask you something?
When is the next version update likely to be available?
Will there be any more updates for UFE2?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If we have UFE 2 Standard or Source,
How much  will UFE 3's price be ?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Scripts updated to Unity 2018.3
Stages can now be loaded as individual scenes
Added ability to record individual animation maps on the Animation Map Recorder

Added option to change Hitbox colors under Global Editor → Debug Info
Added new option under Character Editor Basic Moves → Down Clips: “Loop Down Clip”
Added new variable under Global → Round Options: After Battle Menu Delay

Removed UNet libraries from main scripts folder. UNet libraries are now inside a unity package under UFE\Scripts\ThirdParty
Moved core script files from UFE\Scripts to UFE\Core due to a new assembly process

More improvements done to plinking and move execution priority
Fixed issue with move's auto-rotation option. It now triggers -before- the frame window value
Fixed issue with Animation Recorder recording blending values on Mecanim animations

Fixed issue with a few stand up animations not being properly automatically set
Fixed issue with particle effects not working on 'outro' moves
Fixed editor layout issue caused by Unity 2018.3 update

Fixed issue with animation recorder and root motion caused by Unity 2018.3 update
Fixed issue with plinking overriding certain moves when executed in a short interval
Fixed issue with activating pull-in while in the corner (commonly used with opponent override)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It should be under the folder Demos\_3DFighter\Demo_Fighter3D - Type 2

This option is only available at UFE 2 PRO atm. UFE 2 Source (under Payhip) doesn't have that template yet, but I should update it before the end of the week.

If you want to create it yourself, its a basically a little trick using a different camera angle and inverting input values:

Under Camera Options, change the Dolly Angle to -80

Under Input Options, invert Horizontal and Vertical inputs.

Under Project Settings -> Input Manager, invert the positive and negative keys under P1KeyboardHorizontal and P2KeyboardHorizontal.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi, I've been using version 2.20 of UFE 2 for years for my project called "Savagene". Since I no longer have my old email active I can no longer access the updates, so I can't download the latest update of UFE2 version 2.4.1. How can this problem be solved? Please help me.
I paid for UFE2, so I should be entitled to receive the updated version.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MisterMind did you change your email? I am writing to you but you are not responding. Why? I need the patch 2.4.1 standard NOW

Thumbs up −1 Thumbs down

0massimo0 wrote:

MisterMind did you change your email? I am writing to you but you are not responding. Why? I need the patch 2.4.1 standard NOW

I sent you a PM.

Mistermind wrote:
0massimo0 wrote:

I sent you a PM.

Thanks Mistermind

Thumbs up Thumbs down

How long before this update?

Tag Team
Add life bar drain feature (similar to gauge drain)
Add “Passive Armor” as an option on the Character Editor
Add “dizzy” options
Survival Mode
Move Recorder for Training Mode
Editor Interfaces for cloud/database services to store user data
Field Search tool under each of the editors
Add Oriented Bounding Boxes (OBB) to Hitboxes
Add mirror on P2 side for projectile impact prefabs
Quick Recovery
Delay Recovery
Push Block

Thumbs up Thumbs down