Topic: Getting an error with projectiles

Been working on a character, and he uses many projectiles, but not many more than any other fighter in my current project, but strangely enough, after some test playing the game will randomly crash and show this:

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'ProjectileMoveScript' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
MoveSetScript.TestMoveExecution (UFE3D.MoveInfo move, UFE3D.MoveInfo currentMove, ButtonPress[] buttonPress, System.Boolean inputUp, System.Boolean fromSequence, System.Boolean forceExecution) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Physics/MoveSetScript.cs:1067)
MoveSetScript.TestMoveExecution (UFE3D.MoveInfo move, UFE3D.MoveInfo currentMove, ButtonPress[] buttonPress, System.Boolean inputUp, System.Boolean fromSequence) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Physics/MoveSetScript.cs:1046)
MoveSetScript.GetMove (ButtonPress[] buttonPress, FPLibrary.Fix64 charge, UFE3D.MoveInfo currentMove, System.Boolean inputUp, System.Boolean forceExecution) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Physics/MoveSetScript.cs:859)
MoveSetScript.GetMove (ButtonPress[] buttonPress, FPLibrary.Fix64 charge, UFE3D.MoveInfo currentMove, System.Boolean inputUp) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Physics/MoveSetScript.cs:848)
ControlsScript.translateInputs (System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2[TKey,TValue] previousInputs, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2[TKey,TValue] currentInputs) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Physics/ControlsScript.cs:1271)
ControlsScript.DoFixedUpdate (System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2[TKey,TValue] previousInputs, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2[TKey,TValue] currentInputs) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Physics/ControlsScript.cs:395)
FluxCapacitor.UpdatePlayer (ControlsScript controlsScript, System.Int64 currentFrame, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2[TKey,TValue] previousInputs, System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2[TKey,TValue] currentInputs) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Network/Netcode/FluxCapacitor.cs:1433)
FluxCapacitor.ApplyInputs (System.Int64 currentFrame) (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Network/Netcode/FluxCapacitor.cs:543)
FluxCapacitor.DoFixedUpdate () (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Network/Netcode/FluxCapacitor.cs:297)
UFE.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/UFE/Engine/Scripts/Core/Manager/UFE.cs:2432)

i know i'm doing something wrong my my projectiles, but i don't know what... can somebody help me? Thanks.

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Re: Getting an error with projectiles

You probably have a script inside one of your projectile prefabs that is telling it to destroy itself.
Make sure you have no 'self-destruct' scripts attached to any of your projectiles or particle effects. UFE needs to control the spawn and despawn of every GameObject. If you need to use one, use UFE\Engine\Scripts\DestroyScript.cs instead.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.