1 (edited by StriderSpinel 2020-11-28 15:55:58)

Topic: Someone turned UFE into SMASH!

Did you see?

The guys at digital Crafter modified UFE just enough that they'll soon release a brawler using the engine and assets from their previous game!

it looks pretty wild!!

PunBB bbcode test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zU27twX730

big_smile yikes

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Re: Someone turned UFE into SMASH!

Hello,

I just imported the UFE 2.3 and the UFE script is missing. Also UFE is not appearing at window menu?

Am I missing something? Can someone help me?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

@StriderSpinel That looks incredible! From Fight of Gods to Fight of Animals, these guys are truly amazing at customizing UFE.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

satrakidol wrote:

Hello,

I just imported the UFE 2.3 and the UFE script is missing. Also UFE is not appearing at window menu?

Am I missing something? Can someone help me?

Please don't post questions on unrelated topics. Make sure you make your own topic and try your best to describe the problems you are having with as much details as possible. Here, read this topic:
http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=374

If UFE make separate plugin or upgrade version for beat em up I would pay 200 USD for the kit.
I have developed many beat em up but making moves is fun with UFE which is the core of the game play.
No one can compete it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

At first I thought they made their own engine, but knowing their capabilities I'm not surprised. I wish they can share how they implemented rollback, my game is getting desync.

^ I agree, the move editor is a god send.. We're also developing a beatem up at the moment and the though of having a move editor like function in our development would've saved us tons of time.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

So cool! Platforms, traps, items, so much on my own personal wishlist for UFE lol.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tried to contact them on Discord about making a add-on for their smash functions, but haven't answered yet. sad

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

xHerox wrote:

At first I thought they made their own engine, but knowing their capabilities I'm not surprised. I wish they can share how they implemented rollback, my game is getting desync.

You should try the new desync check tools available on version 2.3.0. There is a built-in system under Network Options that checks the character position and report back when a desync happens.
Alternatively, there is a much more advanced system commented within FluxCapacitor.cs that can be used to track and log whenever a variable desyncs in one of the clients.
Look for this commented section (around line 313) and go from there:

//FPVector p1Pos = new FPVector(confirmedState.player1.shellTransform.fpPosition.x, confirmedState.player1.shellTransform.fpPosition.y, GenerateKeyLog(lastSyncFrame));

Thanks Mistermind, unfortunately I can't move to 2.3 at the moment since the last time we tried a lot of things broke with the physics/hitbox. We'll look into this though, hopefully we can try to copy/replicate this to 2.1.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Looks really impressive. I have joined their Discord, but I want to ask here first:

Does anyone know how to mod this into a Smash-like style game?

I'm interested in making a Smash-like game for my own use.

Thumbs up Thumbs down