Topic: Urgent problem here, need help please

So I've been trying to set up controllers to work with my game, it's been a rough ride but I finally figured out it was something to do with drivers and Unity etc. now I've hit another problem I can't seem to get around.

I've got 2 PS3 controllers connected to my PC, drivers all updated and MotionJoy configured. When I run my game and get to the controller selection/character selection screen (at the moment I've left everything as default from UFE on the coding side of things) player 1's controller is highlighted and I can select that option with my mouse to enable controller control for player 1 but player 2's option is still always greyed out and I'm forced to use the keyboard to control player 2. The second controller that is connected also controls player 1 for some reason.

Is this normal? has anyone else tried using controllers to play, anyone have a solution to this? Thanks in advance, I really need this working so I can carry on sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Urgent problem here, need help please

So I just took a quick look at the code and I'm not sure if this is right, can you confirm Mmind?

At line 207 I get this - "foreach (InputReferences inputRef in UFE.config.player1_Inputs){"  shouldn't that be "UFE.config.player2_Inputs{" ?

http://puu.sh/9fPTj/29384a7e09.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Z33LnR44L wrote:

So I just took a quick look at the code and I'm not sure if this is right, can you confirm Mmind?

At line 207 I get this - "foreach (InputReferences inputRef in UFE.config.player1_Inputs){"  shouldn't that be "UFE.config.player2_Inputs{" ?

That code actually got changed in the last update.
The actual joystick detection now runs directly under Global Editor -> Input Options (I've just updated the page with more info).

In the meantime I recommend you use cInput instead. Its much easier to customize and its fully compatible with UFE. You can even change the controls at runtime.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Oh sweet! I haven't gotten around to installing the new update yet, sorry about that. I'll also give cInput a look. Well I guess that solves it, thanks for the reply big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down