Topic: player 2 color

i read this was going to appear in an upcomming update but i was wondering, How can a player 2 color be implemented?, well even if it's only an extra mesh for player 2 and the change is as simple as the same model with another material that has a different color scheme.

Thanks!

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

Re: player 2 color

UFE only changes the material color of Player 2 to what's assigned in Alternate Color.

If you want more control over 2p texture, you just need to change the texture instead of the material color.  Do your characters have just one material/texture per character, or are there multiple materials that make up your characters?  If multiple, merge them into a single texture, it will be MUCH easier to implement this way.

It's not too hard to implement this, so I'll let you try first.  But let me know if you get stuck and I can post a how-to smile.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mmm... my characters have several materials for just one prefab, around 3....

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

so, how about a way to load a different prefab for player 2?

Like an alternate model/costume?  Risky stuff there.  You want to make sure the rig is EXACTLY the same (size wise), otherwise you will get different hitboxes and therefore alter the gameplay.  SF4 had this issue early on with some of their DLC...

However, that doesn't mean you can't do it wink.  This is different to an alt color though, even if it's functionally the same to the end user.

You should create a new thread about it.  This topic is worth discussing as it can lead to things like Alt Modes for characters (transformations, morphed variations etc) among other things...

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down