Topic: Bug when going back to the main menu during a match

Im going to post a video of what I'm talking about once I get home from work.

Everything seems to be running smooth, but if I try to go back to the main menu during a match I lose control over the xbox controller and I have to use my mouse to navigate the menu. 

Ill post the error I get from Unity along with the video. 

I notice this only happens if theres an active particle effect in the scene at the time when I choose to go back to the main menu.  I think because it takes time for the particles to destroy themselves, they tend to linger in the scene while everything else is destroyed.  Once again, Ill post a video and screenshots later tonight.

Re: Bug when going back to the main menu during a match

i'm having EXACTLY the same problem... i've got some answers here

http://www.ufe3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=428

but still i can't fix it, the code gets me more errors and so far, all i can do is quit the game when there's absolutely no particle in effect.

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

yea im experiencing the same thing after reading your post.  I found out that it only happens if I interrupt the intro moves during their cinematics when a fight starts. 

Even if particles were left over my game doesn't freeze.  Still though I hope to find an answer to this bug soon.

i suppose is just something with the sintax of the code, but i'm not really a coder, XD

Me encontraste en un negro camino como un peregrino sin rumbo ni fe, pero la luz de tus ojos divinos cambió mi suerte por dicha y placer.

5 (edited by immortalfray 2015-09-01 09:43:08)

So I traced the problem back to the Legacy Control Script.  For some reason trying to exit a match while playing a cinematic using a legacy controlled character will break the game.  I tried it with some of the mecanim characters from the demo and there was no issue.  Sorry I haven't made a video I've been crazy busy with work.  Ill try to upload one soon and I found the line of code the error references as well. 

This is an issue because people will most likely end a match in the middle of a cinematic for whatever reason.

ok, here's how to fix it:

in LegacyControl.cs change

return (animator.IsPlaying(clipName));

with:

if (animator != null) {
    return (animator.IsPlaying(clipName));
} else {
    return false;
}

and that's all!

Dude youre the freaking best lol!  I was triyng to find time to make a video of the issue then here you come to save the day.  I was close I was writing out an if statement too I was stuck on wether to put null as a parameter or not.  Anyways, thanks for saving the day and your game looks like a poster child for UFE

MisterMind or Yumchagames actually came out with the solution a while ago, but it send an error still, today a friend of mine who is a programmer came to visit and ask him so he got the answer, HE SAVED THE DAY FOR BOTH OF US!

Thanks a lot for the compliments!

keep up the good work too!

XD

The latest version has an odd little glitch with "back to Main menu". It's functional, but if you hit "no", the Main menu button remains highlighted even after you select another option.

I've tested this in my own, and in a vanilla project, and can confirm the behaviour. It's not a game-breaking bug or anything, but I'd like to fix it, if anyone knows how.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

From what I gather, this is a Unity bug, and not a UFE one.

Thumbs up Thumbs down