Topic: Adding control stick support

For my game, I want the characters to be controlled only by a control stick in a 360 degree motion. While Unity automatically applies a controller's control stick to a keyboard setup, I cannot figure out a way to have the characters move at varying speed based on how much you tilt the control stick, and I don't know how to implement this in my game. Any help?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Adding control stick support

Sounds like you'd need to set up the player control to use an analog control system. I presume an easy analogy for what you want is the way that Smash has its movement? Slight pressure walks, full pressure runs?

I'm not too familiar with scripting Unity directional controls like that. Just hoping it points you in the right direction. This game, and most fighting games, use digital controls for the input. it's either Pressed or it's not. Some games have gotten around that by registering how long the direction is being held. So you could theoretically make a "move" that happens if the direction has been "charged" for a certain amount of frames? Just hypothetically thinking here.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think I might have forgotten to add this to the documentation, but we added a small feature to allow the engine to detect analog axis: Untoggle "Force Digital Input" under Input Options, then try using an analog controller. See if that works.

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Oh yes, the digital input toggle works. But now how can i add 'tap' inputs, similar to how you can dash and perform smash attacks in  Smash Bros

Thumbs up Thumbs down