Re: UFE 1.5 News

Will there be a 1.5 update for the non source version of U.F.C went to the Unity Store, and only the Source version was upgraded to 1.5, Do we have to buy the Source version, was very excited, been waiting it out faithfully ,  the $95.00 U.F.C, I brought few months ago was the same version, total bummer.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

how do we get the 1.5 Pro  its available  at https://sellfy.com/p/IVlX/
but not At the Unity Store, can we pay the difference for the upgrade? is it Free if we brought
the last version?  Sorry for all the question just very egger to try, and confused.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

22media wrote:

Will there be a 1.5 update for the non source version of U.F.C went to the Unity Store, and only the Source version was upgraded to 1.5, Do we have to buy the Source version, was very excited, been waiting it out faithfully ,  the $95.00 U.F.C, I brought few months ago was the same version, total bummer.

Yes, all versions are being updated to 1.5.  There's some unforeseen hurdles on packaging the Pro and Basic versions.  They're coming, just going to be a little late is all.

And yes, 1.5 update is free to current respective owners (Pro owners get 1.5 Pro, Source owners get 1.5 Source etc).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:

Plinking is already in.  Have a look at Global Options | Advanced Options.

Sounds like you're trying to mimic SF4's tech throw nuance (Option Select c.LP+c.LK for tech throw).  UFE triggers a tech throw if while you're starting your throw move, the opponent inputs their throw command.  So it's somewhat hardcoded.  Since you have Source, you could probably mod it to be more like SF4 if you're brave enough to dig through the code.

I'll have a throw tutorial video pretty soon, which I'll demonstrate how to mimic a couple of throw systems (but I won't do any coding/modding, it's just plain Move Editor setups at this stage).

Thanks for the clarification YumCha, guess I'll be jumping into the code then, don't know how I missed plinking in the global config.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Importing 1.5 now
I'll have a bit of work to do to posting my z-axis code. I'll put up the UFEv1.0 version, then get to work fixing breaking changes for 1.5.
Exciting times smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I like to know can I upgrade my pro or do I need to buy the need pro at assets store?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Do mean to sound impatient, but us Pro users been waiting a long time, dint know it would be longer for us, is there a way to buy at a discount from the other site who has the 1.5  pro already, been waiting for A.I for months, checking for the update everyday, myself and a few others would gladly pay the difference instead of enduring another wait, checking everyday, without that AI we have no game, you guys built a great tool, and we need it too.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Would it be possible to get the older version of UFE source? I thought I backed up the unmodified scripts, but I didn't.

I need to compare the two to get a full list of the changes I made in the z-axis code.
I commented most of it, but there's some bits in there Im almost certain aren't there in the stock UFE.

It'd help speed up sharing what Ive done, and converting to v1.5

Thumbs up Thumbs down

22media wrote:

Do mean to sound impatient, but us Pro users been waiting a long time, dint know it would be longer for us, is there a way to buy at a discount from the other site who has the 1.5  pro already, been waiting for A.I for months, checking for the update everyday, myself and a few others would gladly pay the difference instead of enduring another wait, checking everyday, without that AI we have no game, you guys built a great tool, and we need it too.

Read this: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/releas … st-1837244

Like UFE? Please rate and review us on the Asset Store!
Questions about the Forum? Check out our Karma FAQ.

Steviebops wrote:

Would it be possible to get the older version of UFE source? I thought I backed up the unmodified scripts, but I didn't.

I need to compare the two to get a full list of the changes I made in the z-axis code.
I commented most of it, but there's some bits in there Im almost certain aren't there in the stock UFE.

It'd help speed up sharing what Ive done, and converting to v1.5

Justin will contact you about that.

timmcgee2001 wrote:

I like to know can I upgrade my pro or do I need to buy the need pro at assets store?

If you have Pro of version 1.0.6 already, then you will be able to update it to 1.5 Pro at no cost.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

UFE PRO 1.5 is now available on both the Asset Store and Sellfy.
Notes and installation instructions can be found here.

Fuzzy A.I. Addon is available on Sellfy through this link.
Soon available on the Asset Store as well (waiting for their approval process)

UFE Bundle & UFE Basic update coming soon.

UFE Bundle (Source + Fuzzy AI) now available on Sellfy: https://sellfy.com/p/11if/
UFE Basic update (1.0.4 -> 1.5.0) now available on Sellfy: https://sellfy.com/p/zMvY/

Mistermind wrote:

UFE PRO 1.5 is now available on both the Asset Store and Sellfy.
Notes and installation instructions can be found here.

Fuzzy A.I. Addon is available on Sellfy through this link.
Soon available on the Asset Store as well (waiting for their approval process)

UFE Bundle & UFE Basic update coming soon.

Thanks MM. I did have an issue after upgrading from 1.0.6 to 1.5.0 in Source version. Running the scene didn't appear to let me set A.I. for either player. The character select screen showed PLAYER and the arrows but nothing for the AI as seen in the demo on this site. Is there an option I have to set somewhere to view that? I can use the UFE Config file to have it skip the title and character select menu with either character set to AI.

Also, I do not have Fuzzy A.I. installed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MrPonton wrote:

Thanks MM. I did have an issue after upgrading from 1.0.6 to 1.5.0 in Source version. Running the scene didn't appear to let me set A.I. for either player. The character select screen showed PLAYER and the arrows but nothing for the AI as seen in the demo on this site. Is there an option I have to set somewhere to view that? I can use the UFE Config file to have it skip the title and character select menu with either character set to AI.

Did you try clicking on the AI logo at the select screen?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi Mistermind,
great update but doesn't work on Unity3d 5.0.b13.
There is a compiler error "UFE Scource" as Mac App even IOS App.
-> Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs(764,99): error CS0619: `UnityEngineInternal.APIUpdaterRuntimeServices.AddComponent(UnityEngine.GameObject, string, string)' is obsolete: `Method is not meant to be used at runtime. Please, replace this call with GameObject.AddComponent<T>()/GameObject.AddComponent(Type).'

Cheers

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Kronos wrote:

Hi Mistermind,
great update but doesn't work on Unity3d 5.0.b13.
There is a compiler error "UFE Scource" as Mac App even IOS App.
-> Assets/UFE/Scripts/UFE.cs(764,99): error CS0619: `UnityEngineInternal.APIUpdaterRuntimeServices.AddComponent(UnityEngine.GameObject, string, string)' is obsolete: `Method is not meant to be used at runtime. Please, replace this call with GameObject.AddComponent<T>()/GameObject.AddComponent(Type).'

Cheers

UFE only works on release versions of Unity (as of current, that's 4.5.5f1).  Unity 5 is still in beta, so it can't be supported yet.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

YumChaGames wrote:
MrPonton wrote:

As I stated, there is no AI logo on the select screen. It just shows PLAYER, and UP/DOWN arrow, and then nothing. Selecting the area that the icon should be displaying on also does not have any response in change from Player to AI.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MrPonton wrote:
YumChaGames wrote:
MrPonton wrote:

As I stated, there is no AI logo on the select screen. It just shows PLAYER, and UP/DOWN arrow, and then nothing. Selecting the area that the icon should be displaying on also does not have any response in change from Player to AI.

Oh, I think I know what this is.

Check your CharacterSelectScreen prefab has the correct images assigned in AI Style.  See screen shot:

http://i.imgur.com/Nw4YZqW.png

This happened to me once during testing a pre-release version, and I had to manually add the images in.  But for the released versions, I haven't had the issue.  I'm assuming you're updating an existing project, which might be the cause of the missing image assignments.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

70 (edited by MrPonton 2014-11-16 22:04:13)

YumChaGames wrote:
MrPonton wrote:
YumChaGames wrote:

Oh, I think I know what this is.

Check your CharacterSelectScreen prefab has the correct images assigned in AI Style.  See screen shot:

http://i.imgur.com/Nw4YZqW.png

This happened to me once during testing a pre-release version, and I had to manually add the images in.  But for the released versions, I haven't had the issue.  I'm assuming you're updating an existing project, which might be the cause of the missing image assignments.

Nah this is my Base UFE engine project that I upgraded. I don't touch anything in that project so I can see the version histories and if I mess something up in my game project I can compare easily.

http://i.imgur.com/xfsNuVq.png

Thumbs up Thumbs down