Topic: End of match/Ko animation, how do they work?

Hi,

I don't understand how the end of the match/ko death's work? Why in the "move set" there aren't animation options for "end of the match" or "ko" it seems to just use the "air juggle (luncher)," "air joggle," "knock back," "from air juggle (knockdown)," and "ground bonce" as your default end of the match/ko with no options to change this. Is this something I'm going to have to add myself in code? Or is there something I'm missing at the base level? It just seems odd to me that "end of match/ko" is the only thing we cant really tailor to characters fight styles, I really hope I'm overlooking something.

looking forward to a solution.

Derek.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: End of match/Ko animation, how do they work?

KO just slows down time and calls the "KO" text from your Global Config's language list. Then it will call the character's "Outro" in the Character file.

So yeah, you'd probably have to have source in order to alter what happens when a KO is triggered.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: End of match/Ko animation, how do they work?

There's another issue that I noticed when setting different attacks to kill/ko an opponent.

When using a sequence of attacks (punch then kick) the physics on the X and Y is multiplied causing the opponent to be launched supper high and far, but when using just one attack sequence (punching) kill/ko plays out as expected.

Does this have something to do with the cumulative physics option in the character set up? When I toggle this option off the knockdown and ground bounce doesn't look as good, end of game/ko doesn't really work as well either.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks, D.

Thumbs up Thumbs down